<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Rhinocrisy

21 April, 2004

Comfort zones

I read some Ann Coulter today. (If you've never read any Ann Coulter, don't start now. She has nothing going for her except bile, which you can produce yourself just by sticking your fingers down your throat. That, I assure you, will be a more pleasant experience than reading Ann Coulter.) It caused me to reflect on the fact that most people who are passionate about politics rarely allow themselves to drift outside of their political comfort zones - how often do people really have extended conversations with people of differing political persuasion?

I've often pined for a right-wing buddy who could de-mystify the seemingly irrational world of conservative politics for me. Is there anyone interested in being my conservative pal? I'll even take a neo-liberal.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?