saurabh is a manic- depressive graduate student with delusions of overturning well- established social hierarchies through sheer weight of cynicism. in his spare time he writes self-effacing auto- biographical blurbs.
dan makes things up casually, effortlessly, and often. Never believe a word he says.
hedgehog burrows between San Francisco and other areas rich in roots and nuts. His father says he is a literalist and his mother says he is very smart. Neither of them say aloud that he should spend less time with blegs and more time out of doors.
- wax banks
- a tiny revolution
- under the same sun
- alt hippo
- informed comment
- abu aardvark
- crooked timber
- bob harris
- saheli: the gathering
- john & belle have a blog
- red state son
- critical montages
- living the scientific life
- pass the roti
- attitude adjustor
- this modern world
- a lovely promise
- ufo breakfast
- to do: 1. get hobby, 2. floss
08 June, 2005
I made it to Washington, D.C., accompanied by fighter jets and an overheated Amtrak train. I drove 3,741 miles to get here and got to know exactly zero people well enough to get a phone number or e-mail address. I rode Amtrak for the last leg, between NYC and here, and made a couple new friends and got to know a semi-famous performer. But in the big interior, while not talking to anyone but the occasional gas station attendant, I had a lot of chance to listen to my WalMart (first thing I ever bought there) portable radio (the car radio was stolen before the trip). Here is what I learned.
- Replace your car tires.
- Risk-free moneymaking offer.
- Jesus loves me.
- Got smote someone or another with the help of the Maccabees.
- The Spurs made it to the playoffs.
- Liberals are in charge of the military, which is why "we" aren't yet "giving the Islamofascists all we've got."
- Liberals are the only ones who care about the Geneva Conventions.
- Those who follow the lord are likely to be persecuted
- The U.S. is the underdog now
- Architects from the AIA can help students perform
- Generic drugs are tested by the FDA