<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Rhinocrisy

12 July, 2005

A moving experience

Work is hell this week (in preparation for the ENCODE genome consortium meeting coming up), so light on the posting.

However, I couldn't miss the opportunity to insist that everyone read this July 11 White House press briefing, where Mr. McClellan categorically refuses to comment on the Rove/Plame affair. It's simply gorgeous. My man Scott takes repeated kicks to the groin and ends up rolling around on the floor moaning and weeping. Ah, how sweet it is! I've been waiting for this moment. Here's a choice niblet:
Q Scott, I mean, just -- I mean, this is ridiculous. The notion that you're going to stand before us after having commented with that level of detail and tell people watching this that somehow you decided not to talk. You've got a public record out there. Do you stand by your remarks from that podium, or not?
Ah! Rapturous!
MR. McCLELLAN: John, I appreciate your questions. You can keep asking them, but you have my response.

Go ahead, Dave.

Q We are going to keep asking them. When did the President learn that Karl Rove had had a conversation with the President -- with a news reporter about the involvement of Joseph Wilson's wife and the decision to send --

MR. McCLELLAN: I've responded to the questions.

Q When did the President learn that Karl Rove had --

MR. McCLELLAN: I've responded to the questions, Dick.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?