<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Rhinocrisy

29 October, 2005

Damage assessment

We don't normally cover "hard news" here at Rhinocrisy, but what the heck. Atrios notices that there are conflicting stories going around about whether the CIA conducted a damage assessment over the Valerie Plame name leak. At a hearing this summer, I heard several former CIA guys agree that after a leak, the CIA would normally conduct a "damage assessment" to determine what intelligence assets had been compromised. I asked one Democratic Party member of the Joint Intelligence Committee whether he had been presented with such a document. He said he was unaware of such a document being prepared. He said he would look into it. I haven't checked back, but it sounds like a good project. I'll let you know what I find out.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?