<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Rhinocrisy

09 November, 2005

Can I please have a status report?

I want to know when this Global War on Terrorism is going to start, you know, reducing terrorism. Because this is getting ever less fun.

I am impressed by the growing use of "citizen journalists" on the BBC site. Now if some of those emotional testimonials -- which are great -- could also add to the news story with direct quotes, exact numbers of injured, number of emergency personnel on the scene, etc., that would be even better.

Comments

In my pre 9/11 minor obsession with AQ I wrote up a goofy long hand proposal for an America Jordan Foundation, and after 9/11 I wouldn't shut up about it for a while. So much potential for a positive investment instead of our billions in negative wastage, so many opportunities lost. Of course I don't know a single Jordanian well, and am not likely to travel there any time soon, so it was just an idea. But today I somewhat stupidly feel like I personally have let them down.  

Posted by Saheli


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?